Brad Pitt Apologizes For Jennifer Aniston Diss But Fans Don’t Buy It

Filed in Gather Celeb News Channel by on September 16, 2011 0 Comments

Jennifer Aniston’s ears must be burning or ringing or itching or something these days–and big time. Because Brad Pitt has been taking about her practically non-stop recently. And because of the things he’s been saying, the rest of the world has been talking and thinking about her as well.

As almost everyone who can read and/or listen to the latest celebrity gossip now knows Brad Pitt dissed his ex-wife, Jennifer Aniston in Parade Magazine. In the interview, he called his married life with Aniston “pathetic.”

“I spent the ’90s trying to hide out, trying to duck the full celebrity cacophony. I started to get sick of myself sitting on a couch, holding a joint, hiding out,” tattled Brad in the pages of Parade. “It started feeling pathetic. It became very clear to me that I was intent on trying to find a movie about an interesting life, but I wasn’t living an interesting life myself. I think that my marriage [to Jennifer Aniston] had something to do with it. Trying to pretend the marriage was something that it wasn’t.”

Oops. Apparently, those remarks made him the target of so much criticism that Brad decided he had some ‘splainin’ to do. On September 15, he did just that.

“It grieves me that this was interpreted this way,” Brad explained. “Jen is an incredibly giving, loving, and hilarious woman who remains my friend. It is an important relationship I value greatly. The point I was trying to make is not that Jen was dull, but that I was becoming dull to myself – and that, I am responsible for.”

While his apology didn’t pack quite the same punch as his original statement, he deserves credit for stepping up and trying to repair his mistake. The guy deserves an “A” for effort at least. Right?

Maybe not. It seems the fans aren’t buying it. Immediately after Brad issued his statement, Hollywood Life conducted one of its famous polls asking: “What do you think of Brad’s statement?” Sadly for Brad, only 21.3% voted: “I think he is sorry and didn’t mean what he said!” The remaining 78.7% clicked on: “I don’t buy it one bit!” Unsurprisingly, a whopping 69.37% said they would never forgive the Inglorious Bastards star. A paltry 6.31% were undecided. Only 24.32% still loved Brad no matter what.

So, there you have it. It’s a pity that Brad Pitt couldn’t simply man up like Marc Anthony who recently said about the dissolution of his marriage to Jennifer Lopez that no one was to blame. The relationship had simply run its course. Although that often happens–especially at the 7 year mark–that response would have been too mature and logical for our fairy tale culture. Brad should have just kept his mouth shut.

What do you think?

© Hope Carson 2011

Hope Carson is the author of 2 books: A Roaring Girl: An Interview with the Thinking Man’s Hooker and A Thousand and One Night Stands: The Life of Jon Vincent. You can follow her on Twitter.

About the Author ()

Leave a Reply