Look out kids, I’m on a roll this year! No big shockers on the American Idol results show. Due to the Judges’ Save being utilized last week, 2 contestants had to be sent packing this week. And based on who FINALLY left us, I did a little dance of joy in the privacy of my own home! Ladies and gentlemen, bid adieu to who lost on American Idol tonight:
Eliminated: Lil Rounds, Anoop Desai
Bottom 3: Lil Rounds, Anoop Desai, Allison Iraheta
My Bottom 3: Lil Rounds, Anoop Desai, Matt Giraud
Dialidol.com Bottom 3: Matt Giraud, Kris Allen, Allison Iraheta
She’s finally gone folks!Â That never ending subplot of under-performance and over-speaking known as Lil Rounds has finally left the show!Â I had made it my personal quest this year (like Mr. Archuleta last year) to convince the world that she didn’t deserve to win.Â Â The funny thing is, I didn’t need to do much as she convinced the world herself!Â Â As for Anoop?Â Well, he was a pretty cool guy.Â It’s sad to see him go, but we all knew it was his time too.Â Â We have a pretty worthy top 5 remaining too.Â I’d argue that Matt doesn’t belong there because of the judges’ save, but he IS a capable singer and performer when he wants to be.Â Â He might be able to throw one of the other 4 to the curb before their time.Â Â We’ll just have to keep tuning in to find out!
Allison, ugh, bottomÂ 3 again!Â Yeah, it wasn’t her best performance this week.Â Â But apparently, she did enough to stay in the game.Â Â 3 trips to the bottom 3 is a little scary for my favorite female left in the competition (get it?!).Â Â She really needs to start lighting the stage on fire if she wants to keep up with the rest of the crew.Â I still think she has it in her to get to that final 2 with Adam.Â Â ButÂ with the way KrisÂ has been rolling lately, I could see him edging herÂ out too.Â Â Â And let’s not forget that Danny is going to cure the clumsiness!Â Â We’ll see!
Enough speculation, let’s get to the highlights and lowlights of the evening!
- THE ARTICHOKE RETURNS!Â -Â David Archuleta came back to his old stomping grounds.Â Many of you may think I would put him as the highlight of the lowlights as I looked at this little boy as PURE EVIL last season.Â Â Here’s the thing kids.Â He’s not a threat to me anymore!Â I accomplished my mission.Â He lost to the much more capable David Cook!Â Â Now, I love seeing this kid and his weird little singing ways!Â Â I love the way he gave his inspirational advice to Allison and Anoop “GOSH, you’re both such amazing singers!Â GOSH!Â You guys are swell!Â KEEP YOUR DREAMS alive! Look at me.Â I have a “CRUSH” and I want to “Touch your Hand”.”Â Â Â FANTASTIC!Â You can’t write scripts like this.Â Â Â Â Could there be a better sequel song to “CRUSH” than not letting the music stop until he touches someone’s hand?Â Â Â Archie is touringÂ in the U.K. this summerÂ right?Â Â I say we get Davey and the UK’sÂ very own Susan Boyle together and they can both finally have their first kiss!!Â Â Â Â woaaaaaa Mike, that was just wrong!Â Â Â Oh come on, you’re laughing and you know it!
- Lil Rounds went home!Â
- Lil Rounds went home!
- Lil Rounds went home!
- I did like how the Artichoke is going on tour with a band called McFly!Â Â Hey, coincidence or purely intentional, any Back to the Future reference is a good one!
- Yep, that’s it…I got nothing.Â This was a pretty lame hour of TV!Â So on that note…
- The Disco Medley – FredaÂ Payne, couldn’t sing a lick.Â It was embarrassing.Â Â Thelma Houston’s constant adding of SIMON COWELL into her lyrics -Â awful!Â Â Â K.C.Â – Didn’t have hisÂ Sunshine Band with him.Â
- The Idols Group Tune – Okay, the lipsynching, while clearly intentional was awful!!Â Â Â While it was nice to see Paula working the kids pretty hard and getting them toÂ dance,Â I was confused to whatÂ show we were watching.Â Â Â I think Dancing with the Stars and So You Think You Can Dance have this stuff covered.Â Let the kids sing for goodness sake!
- The Ford Commercial – What was that awful song?
- Randy booing Simon during introductions.Â Â I know, it’s been going on for years.Â But COME ON RANDY!Â It’s beeing going on for Y-E-A-R-S!!!!!Â Â Get over it!
- Yep, that’s about all I have here too.Â Â
Man, where did the hour go?Â Can I get it back?!Â Anyway, we’reÂ down to the good stuffÂ now kids.Â Â The fat has been trimmed.Â Â It should be an interesting ride to the Kodak Theater.Â Â And, love it or loathe it,Â I will be there every step of the wayÂ to guideÂ us there!Â Â Hope you enjoyed my ramblings as always.Â And please someone touch Archie’s hand!!!Â His music won’t stop until you do!Â Â Â See you next week!Â Â
Don’t forget to join the American Idol Fans Group here at Gather!
Also, you can look for additional Idol discussions as well as read my older posts on the American Idol Addicts Blog.