“Eggnog cupcakes with eggnog frosting”
Tis is close for the holiday month that is full of cheer and yummy bake good. Here’s a cupcake that will give, even Uncle Scrooge a warm heart of Holiday cheers. Eggnog has been a European tradition drink that usually brings warmth to one’s body. This little cupcake is easy to make and simply put you in the mood for the winter holidays.
Preheat: 350 Degrees
Makes 24 Cupcakes
Bake Time: 20-22 Minutes
2 ¾ Cups of all-purpose flour
3 Teaspoon of baking powder
½ Teaspoon of salt
1 Teaspoon of poppy seeds
¾ Cups of shortening
1-2/3 Cups of sugar
5 egg whites
2 ½ Teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 ¼ Cups of Eggnog
½ Teaspoon of nutmeg
1) Preheat oven 350 Degrees, and place paper baking cups in each of the regular size muffin cups
2) In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, poppy seeds, and nutmeg place it aside
3) In a large bowl, beat in shortening with electric mixer on medium speed of 30 seconds, and gradually add sugar about 1/3 cups at a time, remember occasionally scrape the sides so the ingredients will mix well.
4) Once all the sugar is in let the mixer beat the mixture for 2 minutes before adding the white eggs (add one at a time).
5) Beat in vanilla in to the mixture.
6) Take the flour mixture add gradually by ½ cup at a time, and alternate with ¼ cup of cold eggnog, keep alternately and scraping aside (to avoid flour clumps).
7) Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling about 2/3 full in each container.
8) Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in center and it comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove from cupcake from pans and leave it on cooling racks for 30 minutes before frosting.
6 Cups of powdered sugar
2/3 cup of butter or margarine (softened)
1 Teaspoon of vanilla extract
3-4 Tablespoon of Eggnog
1) In large bowl, mix powdered sugar, butter with an electric mixer on low speed.
2) Stir in vanilla and gradually add tablespoon of eggnog at a time till the mixture and taste fit your preference.
3) Gradually beat in just enough remaining eggnog to make a frosting smooth and spreadable. If the frosting is too thick, then add additional eggnog.
4) For the joyce of the Christmas spirit add about 6-12 drops of green food coloring.
5) Wait till cupcake cool (30 minutes) and begin to decorate.
6) Enjoy J.