Frugal Christmas entertaining doesn’t equal a boring gathering. It simply means that costs are reduced so that emphasis is put on having fun. After all, who has fun going broke?
This holiday season, many families are seeking alternative means of entertaining. Frugal Christmas entertaining ideas will allow them to enjoy the company of friends and family members without breaking the bank.
Frugal Christmas Entertaining Ideas:
1. Have a dessert party. Three or four desserts and some fruit and cheese for those who don’t eat sweets costs way less than serving a meal.
2. Host a breakfast or brunch gathering. The cost is still far less than if hosting an evening meal.
3. Organize a pot luck. Serve rolls, soft drinks, coffee and dessert and ask guests to bring for main dishes and salads in addition to your own.
4. Host a Christmas Happy Hour. It can be done frugally when one signature punch or wine spritzer is served, along with crackers, cheese and an assortment of finger foods.
5. Chili is cheap to make when made from scratch! Invite the gang for chili and serve tortilla chips, while providing an assortment of toppings like shredded cheese, sour cream and chives.
6. Invite friends and family over for Christmas cookies and hot cocoa.
You can still entertain regardless of the economy. These frugal Christmas entertaining ideas will likely set your mind in motion to come up with frugal Christmas entertaining ideas of your own.
Kimberly Ripley is a freelance writer and published author from New Hampshire who has been using frugal Christmas entertaining ideas since long before the recession, and no one even knows it! Visit her site at http://www.kimberlyripleywrites.com.