What is GATHER ANONYMOUS?
GATHER ANONYMOUS is a voluntary, worldwide group of men and women from all walks of life who meet together at this site to keep from going mad and eating 22 peanut sandwiches every night. The only requirement for membership is a desire to write and write and communicate and communicate. There are no dues or fees for G.A. membership.
GATHER ANONYMOUS has adopted a policy of ?cooperation but not affiliation? with other organizations concerned with the problem of Gather Addiction ? after all, can we trust anybody to keep our secrets? We have opinions on all issues outside G.A. and inside G.A. -and neither endorse nor oppose any causes, unless it's to our advantage – LOL.
WHY GATHER ANONYMOUS IS "ANONYMOUS"
Anonymity is the spiritual foundation of G.A. It disciplines us to govern ourselves by principles we make up ourselves, rather than listening to a moderator. We are a society of peers. We strive to make known our steps of recovery…well, that's the purpose of this article, to get like-minded people to join us.
Anonymity in the public media is assurance to all G.A.s, especially to newcomers, that their G.A. membership will be disclosed when and where possible. Our goal is to help another suffering Gather-addict attain points while we try to attain points ourselves, at the same time, of course, we will be learning all kinds of stuff. No one is allowed to eat their flip flops here.
THE 12 SUGGESTED STEPS OF GATHER ANONYMOUS
1. We admitted we were powerless over our computers–that our lives had become turned over to Gather.com
2. Came to believe that possibly the group of fellow Gather-addicts could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will but not our computers over to the care of other members of this group if they understood us.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of everyone who posted?
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another group member the exact nature of how many hours we really spend at Gather.
6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character. Wait a minute ? not sure I understand this one?.
7. Boldly refused to do step six as we have no shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we have read and thought were full of it, and became willing to read at least one more poem by them?
9. Made direct amends to such members wherever possible, except when to do so would injure ourselves or cause a war or cost us money.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it. (((Well, that's never going to happen, is it?))
11. Sought through meditation and writing 3 new articles or poems to improve our conscious contact with Gather members, as we understood them, praying only for ratings of all 10's.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to all GATHER addicts, and to try to never again lie. Bah humbug!
Join us today or die unhappy and incomplete. ..we're good spellers. Well, some of us are, but that is not a membership requirement. [[[Certain members, such as one woman whose initials are MB, are not good spellers. But she has good friends who are.]]]
pssst! It has come to our attention that secret members already prowling G.A. are Prince Charles, the Pope, Macy Gray, Bill Clinton, Bob Dylan,Little Richard, Anne Perry, M.C.Beaton, Prince, Moby Dick, Elvis, all the actors in CSI Las Vagas, Jesse Jackson, and Little Orphan Annie.