- Put this challenge statement at the beginning or end of your submission so readers will know what you’re supposed to do.
Challenge: Use prose or poetry to write anything you want. The real challenge is to have the title correctly structured and capitalized.
- There is a limit of three submissions from each member per day. If you’re extremely prolific, spread out your work and post only three submissions per day.
- Post to Gather Writing Essential.
- Tag your submission with SatWE.
- Include (Saturday Writing Essential) as part of your title.
- I ask that you make your submission(s) by next Friday afternoon.
If that was all there was to Painting a Portrait
The artist, imprisoned once for fraud,
is giving instruction on portraiture.
He cups the models skull
in his hands. The distance
from tip of forehead
to drop of chin, take note,
of the shape. From forehead tip
to eyes – half way between. From eyes
to mouth, again, the nose equals
halfway. From nose to chin tip,
the mouth halfway. So steady;
no movement other than his.
Such a beauty, the model chosen.
He makes the tasks appear easy.
Benita Kape (c) 29.9.2013