Home made classic lasagna This dish is great for assembling and freezing for later use if you like to cook once a month. The sauce can be doubled and use for spaghetti too!
1½ hours | 30 min prep
SERVES 6 -8
* 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
* 1 garlic clove, minced
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 1 lb extra lean ground beef
* 2 (14 ounce) cans tomatoes
* 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
* 2 teaspoons oregano
* 1/8 teaspoon marjoram
* 1/8 teaspoon thyme
* 1/8 teaspoon basil
* 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
* 1 (1 lb) package lasagna noodle
* 1 small curd cottage cheese
* 1 teaspoon parsley
* parmesan cheese
* 1 lb grated mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Cook garlic and onions in bacon drippings; add beef. Cook until beef is done.
3. Add tomatoes, breaking them up as you add them.
4. Add tomato paste, seasonings and Worcestershire sauce. Cook for one hour.
5. Boil noodles until done; drain and rinse in cold water; drain well.
6. In small bowl mix cottage cheese with parsley.
7. Place some sauce in bottom of lasagna pan.
8. Layer ingredients as they are listed here until pan is full, or you run out of sauce or noodles; noodles, sauce, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese. to freeze line pan with foil and layer as directed cover tightly and freeze, simpply pop back into that pan when you are ready to cook and uncover cook until bubbly and perfect about 45 min to one hour since cooking from frozen. oven temperatures vary and you will need to judge doneness.
9. Bake 30 to 35 minutes. until browning and bubbly.