Big Bears, little bears
Brown bears, blue bears
Barepawed bears and shoed bears
Bears in dresses, bears in just fur
Bears whirling by in a blur
Bears called “Miss” and bears called “sir”.
Cuddly bears, fuzzy bears
Ceramic sit on the shelf bears
Older bears and newer bears
I like my bears, there’s no doubt
I could not throw a bear out
I like my bears from paws to snout.
(c) Stacey Uffelman 5/9/12
This week’s writing challenge: write about the lust for stuff.
- Write about the thing you most wanted a kid. (Remember that thing that went zip when it moved, bop when it stopped and whrrr when it stood still?)
- Write about what happened when you got the thing you most wanted as a kid.
- Write about the thing you most want now.
- Write about all the things you have accumulated without the slightest knowledge of how they came to be in your possession.
- Write about the little treasures you surround yourself with.
Post your article to Gather Writing Essentials.
BE SURE TO TAG your submission with MWE. Note: I search for articles using the tag “MWE” If you don’t tag it right, I will not find it.
- Include “Monday Writing Essential” in your title.