- Write a tritina according to the form linked above.
3 stanzas total plus a single line that works as the envoy
terminal word of the first three lines are repeated as the terminal words for subsequent lines.
Order of last words: 1-2-3, 3-1-2, 2-3-1, (1-2-3 for the envoy)
- Prompt: use the word castle
This was last week’s prompt for Len Maxwell’s Gather Writing Essential, I liked it so much, I decided to copy Len.
- Publish so that the date stamped is April 19th
- tag with MP2011
- Publish to Mindful Poetry
- Follow the rules provided in Mindful Poetry’s Contest Invitation
Sitting on her porch swing one fair night
I looked above the trees at waning moon
And suddenly was drenched with thoughts of home
So many years have passed since I was home
What magic brought my dreams of home this night?
What transcendental grasp? Perhaps the moon
Which looks upon me now, this very moon
By its high vantage also keeping home
Illuminated through the darkest night.
One night, dear moon, I pray thee take me home.