I’ve tangentially mentioned that I’ve been working on a project with Neil Vogler for the last month or so now.Â By this point he’s probably announced we’re doing something called the Flash Fiction Festival in conjunction with December House Publishing.
As the name implies it’s four weeks in November with flash fiction every weekday from Me, Neil, and Sean Craven.Â That’s over 60 stories in all!Â They cover all sorts of stuff.Â I’m just going to tease the ones I did:
- An intergalactic Gordon Ramsey takes on his newest project
- A shocker in the Fantasy Love League
- The city’s best noir accountant gets a new client
- The frustrations of being a female yeoman on an Enterprise-type ship
- A soldier tries to make it back for one last dance
- A bulldog mascot helps someone find true love
- Time travel gets dangerous for a conman
- A meeting of supervillains turns deadly
- The dead have risen…to rent videotapes?
- A vampire has had enough of the stereotypes
- A story of boy meets girl…but the girl is a dragon!
- On a planet of robots, one dreams of becoming a Transformer, with disastrous consequences
- A trip to the dentist turns deadly!
- A pair of socks hold the key to the Sox making the playoffs
- Godzilla goes on vacation to Japan
- A young goddess combats bullying
- Fairy tale land’s best divorce lawyer takes on a new client
- Christmas brings together two warring sides during WWII
- A man sick of sharing his birthday with the JFK assassination takes drastic steps
- God decides to finally retire
- Two young witches are brought together to fight evil
- Timeless love and reincarnation at Starbucks
(BTW, it turns out only 20 of these will be posted in November.Â I don’t know which 2 are being dropped from the rotation.Â Those two, plus one other I haven’t written yet will be included in the eBook version as “bonus” material.)
Meanwhile, on this blog I’ll have a whole prequel series of Scarlet Knight flash fiction!Â Kind of like those old serials, it’s a series of short connected stories that tell how the Scarlet Knight and Black Dragoon came to be.
The “Volume 0″ is inspired by DC Comics, who have twice printed #0 prequel issues for like all their titles.Â Since this is before Volume 1, it’s Volume 0!Â Wow.
BTW, I know people hate Sims so here’s the prototype cover with real people:
Maybe that would have looked better if I’d cleaned it up a little, but it would have cost me like $13 to buy the images.Â Nuts to that.Â Say what you want, but Sims are FREE!
Anyway, if you’re looking for a break from Nano writing and people blathering about Nano writing, there’s going to be a ton of flash fiction to read every weekday in November!
BTW, if you want my “autograph” or virtual autograph really, you can now go to Kindlegraph and request one from Yours Truly.Â Exciting stuff!
The excitement begins November 1!