I like to add peanut butter about half a small jar and some regular Rice Krispies.
4 Cups Miniature Marshmallows
6 Cups Rice Krispies
1/2 Cup White Chocolate Chips
1-1/2 tsp Lemon Zest, Not Compressed (about 2 Large Lemons)
Make a normal pan of Rice Krispy Treats
Rice Krispy Ingredients:
3 Tablespoons of butter
1 10 oz. package of regular marshmallows or 4 cups of mini marshmallows
6 cups of Rice Krispies
2 cups white sugar
1 1/2 cups corn syrup
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Melt butter over sauce pan on low.
2. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
3. Mix in Rice Krispies until evenly coated.
Microwave Directions for a quicker & mess free way:
1. Melt butter in the microwave about 20-35 secs depending if your butter is room temperature or frozen.
(If you are coloring your Rice Krispies like we did- add food coloring after your butter is melted and mix well.
2. Add marshmallows put in microwave for 1 minute. Stir well and the marshmallows will soften. If not completely melted put in for another 30 seconds.
3. Add your Rice Krispies.
4. Place in buttered 9×13 pan. Make sure the Rice Krispies are packed in. ( You can use a bottom of a measuring cup to do this so it doesn’t stick to your fingers)
While those are cooling you can make your carmel. You can use store bought and just melt the cubes, but I would suggest using All Recipes Carmel Recipe… it makes such a difference.
All Recipe Carmel Recipe
1. In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, 1 cup cream and butter. Bring to a boil, stirring often, then stir in remaining 1 cup cream.
2. Heat, without stirring, to 242 degrees F (116 degrees C), or until a small amount of syrup dropped into a cold water forms a firm but pliable ball. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla.
3. Pour over Rice Krispy Treats.