Ricki Lake Fire: Malibu Home Burns Down!

Filed in Gather News Channel by on September 20, 2010 0 Comments

Ricki Lake and her two children escaped a fire after her rented Malibu home went ablaze. The fire was set after Ricki Lake began to refuel a portable heater next to her couch. Suddenly, her couch set fire.

Lake was able to escape safely from the fire with her two sons and their dog. When the first fire truck pulled up to Ricki Lake’s home, the family was already safely outside.

Flames were shooting up to 30 feet in the air, which caused the fire to burn the attic and the roof. The firefighters used “power tools to cut into gates of adjacent houses to protect them.”

The fire at Lake’s house was extinguished after only 20 minutes. Even though, the firefighters worked extremely hard to salvage the home, it suffered extensive damage from the fire. Ricki Lake’s home is located “just west of Topanga Beach.”

She first became famous as an actress, before she started her popular syndicated daytime talk show, which was named after her. She also starred in the movie “Hairspray.”

Even though, Ricki Lake’s home does not appear salvageable, it is good that her children and her were able to escape unharmed from the fire.

Ricki Lake

About the Author ()

I am a wife of an officer, a mother of four amazing children (17, 13, 10 & 8). I homeschool my children and love to write on Gather about current events. I enjoy reading, writing, and lots and lots of chatting. I enjoy making new friends...it is the

Leave a Reply