Ricki Lake’s rental property catches fire!

Filed in Gather Celeb News Channel by on September 18, 2010 0 Comments

Former talk show host Ricki Lake and her family are safe after their rented home caught fire this morning.

“Ms. Lake was refueling a portable heater inside her home and accidentally caused the fire. It took crews approximately 10 minutes to extinguish the fire. Ms. Lake, her children and her pets are fine. This has been ruled as an accidental fire. Case closed” Captain Larry Robideaux of the LA County Fire Dept. tells Radar Online.

While it’s great25 May 2010 Beverly Hills,California - Ricki Lake. Scleroderma Research Foundation's Cool Comedy - Hot Cuisine held at The Four Seasons Beverly Wilshire Hotel. Credit: T.Conrad/AdMediaphoto that Lake and her family are all okay, the situation becomes more curious upon learning that the owners of the home are thinking of suing Lake!

“The family doesn’t understand why Rikki apparently made no attempt to put out the fire. She decided to move her cars, take her family and pets out, and even bring out boxes of clothes as she watched the fire burn the house to the ground” a source tells Radar Online. They continued, “This has really torn the family apart.  They feel that Rikki was negligent in trying to refill an outdoor heater indoors, and in making no attempt to put out the flames before it got out of control.  They are talking to their lawyers about suing.”

Depending on the size of the fire, it seems a little selfish for the owners to expect Lake to put it out. Things can be replaced, but people can’t. Since it only took firefighters ten minutes to put out the scorcher, it can be assumed that the fire could have been put out easily, but still, no one should expect anyone to put their life on the line… right?

Photo: T.Conrad/AdMediaphoto

© Effie Orfanides 2010

About the Author ()

Leave a Reply