Sandra Bullock just won the Oscar for Best Actress in her performance in the movie The Blind Side. I’m thrilled to see Bullock take the Oscar for Best Actress in this movie, as it is the most heartwarming movie I’ve seen in ages.
The competing actresses in this category were sublime. Sandra Bullock graciously acknowledged each of the other nominees during her acceptance speech for receiving her Oscar for Best Actress. She also talked about the real family behind the true story The Blind Side.
“The moms that take care of the babies and the children, no matter where they come from,” was the final thanks Bullock gave during her acceptance speech for Best Actress. She noted that she had forgotten to thank one special mother; her own, and went on to tearfully do so. Even husband Jesse James was in tears in the audience.
The 2010 Oscar Nominees for Best Actress:
- Sandra Bullock in “The Blind Side” (Warner Bros.)
- Helen Mirren in “The Last Station” (Sony Pictures Classics)
- Carey Mulligan in “An Education” (Sony Pictures Classics)
- Gabourey Sidibe in “Precious: Based on the Novel ‘Push’ by Sapphire” (Lionsgate)
- Meryl Streep in “Julie & Julia” (Sony Pictures Releasing)
Congratulations to Sandra Bullock for her well deserved Oscar for Best Actress for her role in The Blind Side at tonight’s Academy Awards.