Sing a Song of Love when the Warlock Beckons (Tercetonine) – Saturday Writing Essential
When my spirits sink too low
The warlock’s on the prowl, I know
His scheming dart could tear my soul apart
Rejoice he does in his evil deed
Spreading monstrous lies and his creed
Of hate, which, he claims, should be our fate
So with great abandon and the utmost glee
He offers his deceitful words, enticing me
“I’ll teach you what I preach”
“Try out some sweet revenge
Your wounded heart thus to avenge
Choose to hurt and punish to a finish”
Depart from me, you ugly creep
Before I make you weep
With my loving song all day long!
September 2013 © irina dimitric 2013
Saturday Writing Essential 28 September 2013
- Put this challenge statement at the beginning or end of your submission so readers will know what you’re supposed to do.
Challenge: Use prose or poetry to write anything you want. The real challenge is to have the title correctly structured and capitalized.
- There is a limit of three submissions from each member per day. If you’re extremely prolific, spread out your work and post only three submissions per day.
- Post to Gather Writing Essential.
- Tag your submission with SatWE.
- Include (Saturday Writing Essential) as part of your title.
- I ask that you make your submission(s) by next Friday afternoon.