Sunday Writing Essential (SunWE, 02/23/14, Pancakes)
Since we’ve finished with the Olympics, and there are several holidays coming up, we’re going to concentrate on celebrations for the next few weeks, with upcoming posts including ones about Mardi Gras and St. Patrick’s Day. That’s right, we’re going to party for the next few weeks, so rev up the cheer.
And we kick off festivities this week with a challenge for the first of our holidays: Pancake Tuesday (also known as Shrove Tuesday).
You have two choices for this one. You can write either:
A fiction story, or a poem, or yes even a recipe, about pancakes.
A non-fiction essay about Pancake Tuesday (also known as Shrove Tuesday).
Write any story, recipe or poem about pancakes or write a non-fiction essay about Pancake Tuesday (also known as Shrove Tuesday).
And here’s my little nonsense ditty, to put you in the pancake mood:
Blueberry or banana
Batter in a bowl
Better not burn
Bounce it on the plate
and butter up breakfast
The List of Things to Do:
- Add this Challenge Statement to the post: Write any story, recipe or poem about pancakes or write a non-fiction essay about Pancake Tuesday (also known as Shrove Tuesday).
- Put (SunWE, 02/23/14, Pancakes) in your post title.
- Be sure to tag your post with SunWE, Gather Writing Essential, and Pancakes.
- Then post it to Gather Writing Essential. You can also comment below with the link to your post to ensure I find it.
- And try to post it by next Sunday.
There is also a limit of three submissions from each member per day, which you can follow or ignore at your discretion.
Also, if you would like a detailed critique of your response to a challenge, feel free to request it at the end of your post. Otherwise, I’ll simply leave a nice comment.
Here are the responses I found for the “Theme” challenge:
SIN EATER (SunWE, 02/16/14, Theme) by Barbary Smith-Chaapel
Whose fault is it? (SunWE, 02/16/14, Theme) by Irina Dimitric
SunWE- Sunday Writing Essentials Challenge 2/16/2014 Theme – “Remembrances” by Heather – child of God, C.
SunWe, 2,16,14, Theme Challenge by Sharon P.
And an almost response to the challenge (posted just before my SunWE post hit Gather): A FINE ROUTE TO HEAVEN by Peter Rogerson
If I missed yours, please let me know.