For years I have heard people (mostly women) complain about the Victoria’s Secret fashion show airing on TV. Tonight I watched the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show 2009 and found myself wondering why. Perhaps a lot of these people have never been to a public pool?
That being said, the show was a lot of fun to watch. I’m not a big Black Eyed Peas fan, but I must say that they did a totally excellent job performing BOOM BOOM POW POW and “Meet Me Halfway” during the show. Fergie looked particularly incredible in the second number in a green corseted frock complete with a train that showed off her shapely body and legs. (She looked better than many of the models in the body department!)
Some of the highlights from the show:
- LOVED the fun and cutesy factor of the Victoria’s Secret PINK segment. The balloon accents were incredibly darling, in particular the balloon dress train, corset, and angel wings.
- Speaking of wings, Victoria’s Secret incorporated some unique designs into their wings this year. Many of them were more fairy or butterfly-like than angels wings while others featured lovely details such as gears with deep contrasting colors.
- Heidi Klum appeared on the show approximately a month after giving birth to a child, and she looked good. She walked during a relatively low-key musical number, or I am sure the crowd would have went even more wild than they did.
- Before Lady Gaga, I wasn’t seeing a lot of head gear or neck braces, but each of these elements appeared once in the Victoria’s Secret Show. Angel Miranda appeared with a gold neck brace during the final walk to “Happy” by Leona Lewis, and in the opening number one model had a piece of headgear that didn’t stay on camera quite long enough to pin down.
- Victoria’s Secret had been hosting an online program to pick one Angel to take the stage (at the last minute) during the show. Kylie Bisutti was the ultimate winner. No one in the show made mention of the striking resemblance she bears to current Victoria’s Secret Angel Doutzen Kroes, but when both are in full make-up the similarities in their faces is quite noticeable.