As I sat there watching our ousted American Idol contestant sing “Cry Baby,” I really felt like obliging in her request. Â Maybe I even did for a bit. Â Is there any hope for suspense for the final 2 weeks of the season? Â Doubtful. Â Is there much interest from yours truly to finish this season out? Â Not really! Â But I think we all know me better than that. Â Just like RyanÂ SeacrestÂ said last night, THE SHOW MUST GO ON! Â Who lost on American Idol tonight? Â A brilliant Child Prodigy! Â Ladies and Gentlemen bid yourÂ adieusÂ to a girl whose voice is aged before her time!
Eliminated:Â AllisonÂ Iraheta
My Pick:Â DannyÂ Gokey
Dialidol.com’sÂ Pick:Â AllisonÂ Iraheta
Whew. Â It’s not really a surprise. Â A larger half of me knew that Allison had been in that bottom 3 several times and just wasn’t connecting with the masses. Â We all know this is the season of Adam Lambert, although I will now root for my initial pick to be the first of the top 13 to leave us! Â GoodÂ ol’ Kris! Â Will he win? Â Naaaa. Â But, he still is an entertaining performer! Â Anyway, farewell Allison! Â You made this season a little more interesting for me at least! Â Now, we must just go through the motions to reach the end! Â
Meet your top 3 America! Â
- Adam Lambert, the man who loved his outfit more than his performance last night. SCORE! Â Â
- DannyÂ Gokey, a man willing to make fun of himself for performing awfully last night, but still be okay with getting more votes than someone who sang her heart out! Â
- Kris Allen, a talented guy who likes to change up tunes but whose voice is a little more soft spoken than his rivals. Â
Take ‘em or leave ‘em, one of them will be your season 8 American Idol winner!Â
Oh well, enough sulking, let’s look at the highlights andÂ lowlightsÂ for the week!Â
- No Doubt is Back! Â And they went “old school” bringing out their first hit “Just a Girl” and rocking the house.Â
- The group song actually wasn’t too bad. Â Maybe SlashÂ butchedÂ up “School’s Out” a bit for them. Â There was some mild cheese added to the top of the performance, but all around not bad. Â
- Ford Commercial song choice. Â I’m always a sucker for a good All American Rejects song! “Move Along” is always my go to song on ROCK BAND (I play a mad video game drums!)Â
- Montage of past Top 3’s heading to their hometowns. Â Reminded me of better seasons! (well, except those flashes from season 3 and 6!)Â
- Daughtry’sÂ return to the Idol stage. Â New tune “No Surprise” isn’t too bad. Â I’m sure it will be a hit. Â I love how Chris acknowledged he “bummed hard” when they couldn’t play instruments on Idol in season 5. Â Which is hysterical because I always wrote about his obsession with the mic stand. Â He didn’t know what to do with his hands the whole season!
- Allison went home
- Paula Abdul’s singing. Â I mean, yeah it’s a known fact that she can’t really sing. Â But she is a judge on American Idol for SINGING! Â And she was dancing up a storm (great choreography by the way) and lipÂ synchingÂ like a champ! Â And even her recorded voice was modulated to the point that you could barely hear it was her. Â Â Did anyone else get the vibe, when they returned to LIVE TV that Paula was going to announce this was her last season to the audience? Â She didn’t, but for a brief second I thought that’s where they were headed!
- Allison went home
- No Doubt is just touring this summer, no new album just yet!Â
- Allison went home
So, over the next few days our 3 remaining finalists will head home to meet their mayors, families and hometown fans. Â There will be many tear-jerking moments next Wednesday! Â But come on, let’s be honest. Â We all want to meet Adam’s friends right?!Â Â That is gonna be a hoot! Â Next week’s performances will give the contestants 2 songs. Â Judges’Â Choice and Contestant’s choice. Â I promise to be there in better spirits than I am tonight and will guide us through the remaining 2 weeks and attempt to accurately pick the winner for 7 of 8 times! Â Feel free to express your condolences for Allison below or comment on how excited you are of who remains! Â Hope you enjoyed my ramblings and I will see you next week!
Don’t forget to join theÂ American Idol Fans GroupÂ here at Gather!
Also, you can look for additional Idol discussions as well as read my older posts on theÂ American Idol Addicts Blog.